Random House Children’s Books and Kids Crooked House Team Up to Host:
Magic Tree House Passport to Adventure Essay Contest
Kids Crooked House is, and will always be, inspired to help keep our kids creative, imaginative and adventurous. So, we are extremely excited to team up with Random House Children's Books for this kids' Essay Contest inspired by Mary Pope Osborne's bestselling Magic Tree House book series.
Here's how the kids' writing contest works:
What You Can Win:
Grand-Prize Winner: Receives a Custom Designed Kids Crooked House Playhouse
Inspired by Mary Pope Osborne’s bestselling Magic Tree House Book Series
Ten Runner-up Winners: Receive a Magic Tree House book autographed by Mary Pope Osborne
Jack and Annie travel through space and time in the Magic Tree House to complete missions for Merlin or Morgan. Write about an adventure you would like to have in the Magic tree House. Where would you go and what would you do? (250 words or less)
How You Enter:
Fill out an application form found on the Random House website (all rules and information are there too):
- and send everything to Magic Tree House Passport to Adventure Essay Contest (address is on the form) with your entry attached by October 31, 2010 (mail-in entries only).
General Rules and Criteria:
1. You must be between the ages of 7 and 12 on April 27, 2010.
2. You must have the space available to fit the custom tree playhouse.
3. You may submit only one entry to the contest.
4. Signed permission from a parent or guardian stating that you can accept the prize.
5. Foreign language submissions and previously published or awarded material will not be accepted.
6. All entries must be original works, no plagiarism, no copyright infringement.
Don't forget to be creative, imaginative, adventurous, and ... stay crooked!